Man, if we had a pound for every time someone asked how the building was going….
So, in case you are one of those who haven’t asked recently – the skinny is this:
1. The Council took possession of 100 High Street at the end of January 2014 – after much fun and games with the locks The Stove agreed to leave the building temporarily whilst DGC undertake the first stage of the building works required.
2. It is anticipated that the final planning permission will be through by the middle of May and that works will commence at this time.
3. The first stage works comprise new access for people with disabilities, a lift, new toilet provisions, services for a café, general repairs etc. If all goes to plan (haha) this will take 12 weeks
4. So the very earliest The Stove will be allowed back in the building will be September
5. When we get back in we can begin our own fit out and modifications to the building (aka Stage 2) – these will include the café, integrated artworks, IT and AV equipment (hell yes!)
We will be partially open as soon as we get the keys back from DGC – don’t ask us when we will be fully open (because Will says it is not possible to estimate this) – but there is a sweepstake running on the opening date – if you are interested in taking part – contact Colin via firstname.lastname@example.org
|One of the adapted parking discs currently in the widows of The Stove - marking the Cooncil's temporary stay|